- Salvador Dali's spider-like elephant imagery from his pieces "Dream Caused by the Flight of a Bee Around a Pomegranate a Second Before Awakening" and "The Elephants" inspired the lamp design.
- Top-heavy objects with minimum support give an illusion of instability.
- One idea involved in surrealism I discovered was that everything we see hides another thing.
- Through my sketch iterations, the spider-like elephants were influential in the form.
- I trimmed 3-prong pvc pipes to fit in the wooden dowel lamp legs at the angle I desired.
- Each dowel was shaved into a spike at the ends touching a table or surface.
- The lamp shade and pvc pipes were then speckle-painted for a more curious look.